The first week at Anandaban was amazing. Still getting into the swing of things here, but loving every moment. God is good and He is working! Thank you for your continued prayers. Things are drastically different from what is seen in the states. Seeing the impact of leprosy sitting right in front of you, in person, is something that can be overwhelming at first. The staff is phenomenal, people who truly are passionate about their work and their vision. One thing about being here is that you meet people from ALL over the world. This week I had the privilege of meeting a wonderful Australian couple, Dr. Jeff and Baris Bird. Dr. Jeff is a plastic surgeon and his wife is a nurse who has specialized in palliative care. I was able to observe an entire day of surgeries with Dr. Jeff and the other staff at the hospital, as well as attend Baris's lecture on palliative care. They have traveled all over the world working as missionaries, truly inspiring to say the least. So much wisdom to offer. When asked what was Dr. Jeff's most interesting surgery he responded with "Most interesting? I'd have to say the cesarian section of the elephant" no joke. You never know what's going to come out in conversation with people! I think they got a kick out of our "American english". This week was just a taste of what's to come in the weeks ahead. Looking forward to every bit!
| Waiting for the Anandaban jeep |
| The Dutch nurses that were here before us left a life-size chart up for us |
| Prayer Room |
| Beautiful view outside Deanna's old house on compound |
| Playing the Napit's favorite game with the Australian couple |
| Spent a whole day in surgery (I've spared the graphic pictures) |
| Post-op: checking on skin graph |
| Dr. Jeff and Baris Bird, the Aussies |
No comments:
Post a Comment